Sunday, May 4, 2008

MacRitchie Walk

What a day..
I've just come back from my macritchie walk. It's tiring but interesting.
On the way, xiao wei kept saying.. :回到大自然
i replied..:是辛苦的

It really isn't easy, requires alot of determination. But when you reach the HSBC bridge, its really a beautiful sight. that's the singapore that many have not seen before. this is the time that i've never cursed n swear about singapore. but i've complained about the road ...( why up hill n down hill .. so many rocks .. so many steps ... blah blah ...)...... the monkeys( ahh they might just grab my bag n run...lol. i know thats lame.but they really do, if they think you have food in your bag..) the weather(really really hot. its scorching. only place cooling is under the shades of trees.. )....
We started from the main entrance; at about 10 am. When we walk in about 1 km .. i start to regret; why did i ever want to come such places .. its has such a long walk... i've just started with 1 km onli .. i have another 10+ km to go ... OMG... I'm craving for my bed ...then .. we start talking about everything .. .. after about 1hr plus, we reach this jelutong tower. When you reach the top, whatever you see, i bet you won't believe thats singapore .... the next thing i crave for is the toilets .. they ... told me to do my small business in the bushes .. haha .. and will help me to cover using umbrella .. nvm .. i rather bear with it lo .. after about another hour of walking up and down .. trekking thru the rocky grounds .. we finally reach the ranger station . and TOILETS .. here i come .... we refilled our bottles and continues our journey.. we walk another about half an hr .. i think . and we reach our destination. the HSBC treetop walk .. a 250m metal finish suspension bridge. the walkway is a free-standing suspension bridge spanning the two highest points in MacRitchie.the TreeTop Walk is a one-way traffic system with a maximum of 30 people allowed on the bridge at any one time. I think it took us about 3 hr getting up to view trees from an entirely different angle and enjoy a panoramic view of Upper Peirce Reservoir. this is a different experience. I ended up with aches on my shoulder and legs ..as we were walking out onto thompson rd .. i was telling xiao wei i never would have come again. please take me to cycling rather than trekking. i guessed this is something to try once a lifetime. And i need my photos from pshing.

No comments: